The term METROSEXUAL has become a massive buzzword in the masculine world. A metrosexual man is one who takes pride in his personal appearance by practicing meticulous grooming and having pampering beauty treatments. He is sophisticated and stylish! It has become the “norm” for men to openly care about their appearances and show their sensitive sides in all walks of life without fear of looking too feminine or too “polished”.
Because more men have been showing interest in the beauty industry, there has been a significant shift not only in the stigma attached to male clients having treatments, but also males becoming therapists, nail techs and hair stylists. More men want to use their creativity in expressive ways and have found the beauty industry to be the perfect outlet for this.
At Beauty Therapy Institute, we already offer male grooming treatments and are soon going to expand our offering to students and clients with a Male Grooming Course!
Here are some tips in the meantime to guide our Metrosexual men:
- Trimming or waxing your nose hairs – this makes the world of difference and is something that people do notice.
- Shaping your eyebrows – this will open up the eyes and frame the face.
- Clean stray hairs off the ears and neck – this gives an immediate appearance of good grooming.
- Keep your nails short and clean – buffing the nails also gives a healthy shine, without looking artificial.
- Use a pumice stone on your calloused heels – dry, cracked heels could eventually lead to fungus and infection.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin with a recommended professional skincare range – the skin on the face is different to the skin on the body. Using the correct skincare regime will lead to healthier, well-maintained looking skin. Don’t forget to use sun protection everyday.
- Trim your beard and use a nourishing beard oil – a neatly maintained beard is far more appealing and a beard oil is a conditioner, used to moisturize and soften beard hair.
- Trim or wax off your chest and back hair – some have preference for hair on the chest and back, but for the most part, having a clean back and chest is a lot more hygienic, especially for men who are very active.
- Have a regular back or full body massage – Selfcare is not selfish, but necessary! With all of the stress and pressure that comes with life, a massage should be part of your monthly selfcare regime.
- Deep cleanse your hair and scalp – this will prevent product build up on the scalp without removing your natural oil.
As a golden rule, stay hydrated! The body needs care from the inside out as well.
Blog written by: Chaand Petersen Education Development Facilitator at BTI Head Office
For further information, please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
+27 78 562 8935
Find our colleges on our website: www.beautytherapyinstitute.co.za
Find us on social media: BTI Beauty Therapy Institute